I have read your KB article on cpanel account migration. Some questions remain for me:
1. If the first account migrated is the reseller account and so designated, do I also need to file separate requests for three other cpanel accounts under this reseller account? Or does migrating the reseller account pull along *all* accounts shown in WHM automatically?
2. The reseller account at my current hosting provider is set for private name servers and that’s where my DNS provider currently points. Will Site5 adjust the relevant entries in all the migrated accounts to allow for private name server pointing, or do I need to fall back to Site5 generic nameservers?
3. The reseller account and one sub-account at my current hosting provider are set for spf and domainkey validation. Will Site5 adjust either or both of these DNS zone entries to correct entries for Site5 or disable them if you don’t currently support these? How do I indicate this need on the migration request?
I hope this reply finds you well!
I will reply to each of your questions in line…
1. If the credentials you provide us are for the main WHM account, simply list all the accounts/domains you wish to have migrated in the notes section of the request form. From there, our migrations team can handle moving all the sub-accounts.
2. If you are moving your accounts to our reseller or VPS product line, you will have access to create your own custom name servers here at Site5. Our migrations team can work with you to make sure that the DNS servers/entries fit your needs.
3. We currently do not support Domain Key validation (this feature will be coming soon). However we fully support SPF records and our migrations team will make sure that any needed DNS changes are made so that it is a seamless transition.
In our migration request form, we have a section available where you can put notes about each account. Simply input any concerns or information you think would be needed by our team and we will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
For information on how to submit the migration request form, please see the following link…